www.Contractors Estimate.com
Certified DGS Trade and Focus Publication since 2002

CE Trade - Trade Paper
Online DVBE certification is here!


City of San Diego SLBE - ELBE Program


Minority Business Development Agency

Advertisement date September 14, 2022 @ 3:50 p.m. through bid opening date

Granite Construction Company (Granite), an Equal Opportunity Employer, is requesting sub-bids from all qualified subcontractors and suppliers, including certified SLBE / ELBE firms performing a commercially useful function, for the following project.
Project Name: Foothill Blvd & Loring St Roundabout, Bid No. K-23-2120-DBB-3
Contracting Agency:  City of San Diego
Bid Date / Time: October 4, 2022, at 2:00 PM
SLBE / ELBE Goal: SLBE – 11.1%, ELBE – 13.9%, Total – 25.0%   
Engineer’s Estimate: $1,830,000
Estimator / Contact: Angell Reyna at granite.sandiego@gcinc.com or call 805-331-8313 or fax 805-335-8912

General Work Description:
Installation of a roundabout and truck apron, raised splitter islands with passageways, curb extensions, curb and gutter, sidewalk, curb ramps, continental crosswalks with rapid flashing beacons, driveways, PCC pavement, signing and striping, storm drains, modular wetland system, retaining walls, inlets, and cleanouts.

Granite is requesting quotes from all qualified subcontractors and suppliers including certified SLBE / ELBE firms for ALL bid items, including but not limited to those in conjunction with the following NAICS codes:
237110 - Water and Sewer Line and Related Structures Construction
237310 - Highway, Street & Bridge Construction
238210 - Electrical Contractors
238990 - All Other Specialty Trade Contractors
488490 - Support Activities for Road Transportation
541370 - Surveying and Mapping Services
541380 - Testing Laboratories
541620 - Environmental Consulting Services
562112 - Hazardous Waste Collection

Plans, specifications, and addendums are available for viewing at no cost through the following:
Our Office – 5860 El Camino Read, Suite 200, Carlsbad, CA 92008
San Diego PlanetBids Website - https://pbsystem.planetbids.com/portal/17950/portal-home

Quotations will be broken down into comparable packages as reasonably necessary.  Granite will work with interested subcontractors to identify opportunities to break down items into economically feasible packages.

Please call if you need assistance in obtaining bonding, insurance, equipment, materials, and/or supplies. Granite intends to work cooperatively with all qualified firms seeking work on this project.  Granite is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Requirements:  Granite is signatory to Operating Engineers, Laborers, Teamsters, Cement Masons, and Carpenters Unions.  100% performance and payment bonds required for the full amount of the subcontract price.  Granite may assist with the bond premium up to 1%.  Subcontractors must possess a current contractor’s license, insurance and worker’s compensation insurance coverage meeting Granite’s requirements and will be required to sign the standard Granite Subcontract AgreementA copy of the insurance requirements and agreements can be obtained by contacting the Estimator. 
All quotes are subject to the terms of Granite Construction Company’s applicable standard form agreement which is available through the following link: https://www.graniteconstruction.com/ca-resources/standard-agreements

Subcontractors must also be registered with a current DIR number.  (No bid shall be accepted, nor any subcontract entered into without proof of the Subcontractor’s current registration to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5.)  https://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/Contractor-Registration.html

Published on September 14, 2022 @ 3:50 p.m. by Contractor’s Estimate, Inc.
Located at http://www.contractorsestimate.com

This advertisement will run until the bid date



Caltrans Currently Advertised Projects



Elite SDVOB Network


What are we about? Contact us HOME