GRANITE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
is seeking SBE Qualified Sub-Contractors on the following Project
Project Owner: Caltrain - Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board
Project Name: San Mateo Replacement Parking Track
Bid Date 9-28-23 at 2:00 PM.
General work description:
1. Build a parking track off MT-2, between MP 18.3 and MP 18.6.
2. Build a maintenance road in the Caltrain right of way, from the 9th Avenue crossing to 14th Ave.
3. Build a concrete block screen wall along Railroad Ave. between 10th Avenue and 14th Avenue.
4. Provide new domestic water and electrical service.
5. Build a new vehicular gate at the 9th Avenue access road entrance, a new pedestrian gate near the corner of 11th Avenue and Railroad Avenue and new fencing as shown in the plans.
6. New landscaping as shown in the plans.
7. Install the new switch layout with the Owner-furnished #10 frog, add (4) pairs of insulated joints, replace (3) pairs of existing insulated joints and install (2) hollow steel head block ties for the switch machine. OPTION 1: Furnish and install a new signal house, (3) sets of signals and (1) power switch.
8. Other work as specified in the Bid Documents specifications and drawings. The Contractor shall perform all works necessary to complete the Project in a satisfactory manner.
Granite Construction Company (Granite) is requesting quotes from all qualified subcontractors and suppliers including certified SBE firms for the following items of work, including but not limited to: Landscape, Tree Services; Sand & Gravel Supplier (Bulk Item); Concrete & Cement Supplier(Bulk Item); Pipe Supplier; Drainage Systems Supplier; Construction Staking; Construction Area Signs; Traffic Control System; Traffic Flagger; Clearing & Grubbing; Irrigation System; Temporary Erosion Control ; Furnish Precast Concrete Member; Masonry Block Sound Wall; "Sound Wall ; (Masonry Block-Concrete)"; Reinforced Concrete Pipe; Filter Fabric; Fencing; Temporary Fencing ; Signal & Lighting (Furnishing, Installing, Modifying Or Removing ); Signal (Installation Of Signals); Lighting (Installation Of Street Lights); Swppp Planning; Trucker; Masonry; Commerical Electrical; Landscaping Contractor; Demolition; Construction Staking (Surveying)
The SBE Contract goal is 25 percent.
The estimated cost of the project is $6 to 7 million.
Plans and specifications are available at https://securecc.smartinsight.co/#/PublicBidProject/721710
Or on Bonfire https://smctd.bonfirehub.com/opportunities/101870
If you have any questions, please contact Nisha Matekar Ramprasad at 408-327-7039 or email at Nisha.Matekar@gcinc.com
All quotes should be sent via fax to 408-327-7090 or Coastal.email@example.com
**Quotes not received by 11:00 AM on bid day may not be reviewed/evaluated**
Requirements:Firms must possess & provide current contractor’s license number & DIR Registration number on the quote. No Contractor or Subcontractor shall be qualified to bid on, be listed in a bid proposal or engage in the performance of any contract for public work, unless currently registered to perform public work with the Dept of Industrial Relations https://efiling.dir.ca.gov/PWCR/Search.action
Granite Construction Company (Granite) is signatory to Operating Engineers, Laborers, Teamsters, Cement Masons and Carpenters unions. 100% performance and payment bonds may be required for the full amount of subcontract price. Granite will pay for bond premium up to 1.5%. The US Small Business Administration may also assist you in obtaining bonding - please see the following site for information: http://www.sba.gov/content/contractors#
California Access to Capital Program Financing Solutions for your small business! http://www.calbizfinance.org/cal_cert_biz_program.html
Subcontractors must possess a current contractor’s license, insurance and worker’s compensation coverage meeting.
All quotes are subject to the terms of Granite Construction Company’s applicable standard form agreement which is available through the following link: https://www.graniteconstruction.com/ca-resources/quote-solicitation .
Please call if you need assistance in obtaining bonding, insurance, equipment, materials and/or supplies. Granite intends to work cooperatively with all qualified firms seeking work on this project.
Portions of work can be made available upon request prior to bid date. Please call if any assistance is needed.
An Equal Opportunity Employer