www.Contractors Estimate.com
Certified DGS Trade and Focus Publication since 2002

CE Trade - Trade Paper
Online DVBE certification is here!


City of San Diego SLBE - ELBE Program


Minority Business Development Agency

Advertisement date August 10th, 2022 @ 2:00 p.m. through bid opening date

Granite Construction Company (Granite), an Equal Opportunity Employer, is requesting sub-bids from all qualified subcontractors and suppliers, including certified SLBE-ELBE firms performing a commercially useful function, for the following project.
Project: San Diego Street Reconstruction Group 1801
Agency: City of San Diego
Date/Time: August 30, 2022 @ 2:00pm
Goal: SLBE – 11.6%, ELBE – 13.5%, Total – 25.1%
Estimate: $10,200,000
Estimator: Miles Mauldin at granite.laoc@gcinc.com or call 657-347-1106 or fax 805-335-8912

General Work Description:
The scope of work for this project involves furnishing all labor, materials, equipment, services and construction which include pavement reconstruction utilizing the full depth reclamation method and slurry seal, replacing traffic signal detection loops and stub outs, adjustment of city manholes and gate valve covers, installation of curb ramps to meet ADA requirements, installation of pedestrian barricades at prohibited crossing movements, installation of bus pads, replacing damaged sidewalks, tree removal, root pruning and barrier, curb & gutter and cross gutters, replacing traffic triping/markings, signs and legends, installation of storm drain pipes, cleanouts and inlets, and installation of modular wetland systems within project drainage management area along Gold Coast Drive between Thanksgiving Lane to Camino Ruiz and Park Dale Avenue between Northrup Drive and Mira Mesa Boulevard. This project will also include segments of water main replacement.  In addition, the "FDR" work consists of remedial grading, pulverizing and blending of the existing base, and subgrade soil as described in the special provisions Appendix H, FDR Construction Specifications and Appendix I, Pavement Investigation Report.

Granite is requesting quotes from all qualified subcontractors and suppliers including certified SLBE / ELBE firms for ALL bid items, including but not limited to those in conjunction with the following NAICS Codes:
221310 - Water Supply and Irrigation Systems; 237110 - Water and Sewer Line and Related Structures Construction; 237310 - Highway, Street & Bridge Construction; 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction; 238110 - Poured Concrete Foundation and Structure Contractors; 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors; 423490 - Surveying Equipment and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers; 541370 - Surveying and Mapping Services; 541820 - Public Relations Agencies; 561730 - Landscaping Services

Plans, specifications, and addendums are available for viewing at no cost through the following:
Our Office – 303 W. Lincoln Ave, #100, Anaheim, CA 92805
San Diego PlanetBids Website - https://pbsystem.planetbids.com/portal/17950/portal-home

Quotations will be broken down into comparable packages as reasonably necessary.  Granite will work with interested subcontractors to identify opportunities to break down items into economically feasible packages.

Please call if you need assistance in obtaining bonding, insurance, equipment, materials, and/or supplies. Granite intends to work cooperatively with all qualified firms seeking work on this project.  Granite is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Requirements:  Granite is signatory to Operating Engineers, Laborers, Teamsters, Cement Masons, and Carpenters Unions.  100% performance and payment bonds required for the full amount of the subcontract price.  Granite may assist with the bond premium up to 1%.  Subcontractors must possess a current contractor’s license, insurance and worker’s compensation insurance coverage meeting Granite’s requirements and will be required to sign the standard Granite Subcontract AgreementA copy of the insurance requirements and agreements can be obtained by contacting the Estimator. 

All quotes are subject to the terms of Granite Construction Company’s applicable standard form agreement which is available through the following link: https://www.graniteconstruction.com/ca-resources/standard-agreements

Subcontractors must also be registered with a current DIR number.  (No bid shall be accepted, nor any subcontract entered into without proof of the Subcontractor’s current registration to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5.)  https://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/Contractor-Registration.html

Published on August 10th, 2022 @ 2:00 p.m. by Contractor’s Estimate, Inc.
Located at http://www.contractorsestimate.com

This advertisement will run until the bid date



Caltrans Currently Advertised Projects



Elite SDVOB Network


What are we about? Contact us HOME